This entry was posted on Friday, December 21st, 2007 at 5:10 pm and is filed under CCTLD, Domain Names. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Due to recent political changes in Serbia, a new domain extension has been created (.rs) to replace the old domain .co.yu (Yugoslavia). Any citizen of Serbia can register one or more .in.rs or .rs domains for their personal use.
Any foreign citizen can register one or more .in.rs or .rs domains for their personal use. However, the administrative contact for those domains has to be a person residing in, or an organization registered in Serbia.
Organizations registered in Serbia can register one or more .co.rs, .org.rs, .edu.rs or .rs domains:
- Any registered organization can register .rs domains
- Commercial (for-profit) organizations can register .co.rs domains
- Educational organizations can register .edu.rs or .co.rs domains
- All other non-commercial organizations can register .org.rs domains
Foreign organizations can register one or more .co.rs, .org.rs, .edu.rs or .rs domains. However, the administrative contact for those domains has to be a person residing in, or an organization registered in Serbia. If the domain in question is .co.rs, .org.rs, or .edu.rs, the registrant must submit proof of registration which shows the adequate type of organization for the domain (commercial, educational or other).
Transition from .yu to .rs
Current registrants of .yu domains will have certain privileges while registering .rs domains. Before .rs domain registration is open to the public, all .yu domain names will be reserved in .rs domain space, for a period of six months, according to following rules:
- Registrants of .yu domains will have their domain name reserved in .rs space (eg. safenames.yu -> safenames.rs)
- Registrants of .co.yu domains will have their domain name reserved in both .co.rs and .rs space (eg. firma.co.yu -> firma.co.rs and
- Registrants of .org.yu domains will have their domain name reserved in both .org.rs and .rs space (eg. firma.org.yu -> firma.org.rs and
- Registrants of .edu.yu domains will have their domain name reserved in both .edu.rs and .rs space (eg. firma.edu.yu -> firma.edu.rs and
In case of same domain names being registered in .yu, .co.yu, .org.yu, and/or .edu.yu space, the corresponding .rs domain will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. After the initial six months, reservations will be cancelled and all .rs domains become freely available.