This entry was posted on Friday, July 18th, 2014 at 10:05 am and is filed under Brand Protection, CCTLD, Domain Disputes, Domain Names, ICANN, IDN, Security Vulnerability, SSL, STLD, Trademark Protection. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Donuts has launched TM Sunrise for a number of New gTLDs. The TM Sunrise period is specifically for trademark holders to register domains that are the exact match (e.g., trademarkname.TLD) to the existing corresponding trademark(s). If you want to protect your brand(s) within specific markets, registering additional domains (specifically new gTLDs), is the best way to optimize your naming strategy.
- TM Sunrise for .furniture, .discount, .fitness, and .schule :: Now open through August 16, 2014
- TM Sunrise for .gratis, .claims, .credit, and .creditcard :: Now open through August 23, 2014
- TM Sunrise for .digital, .accountants, .finance, and .insure :: Now open through August 27, 2014
- TM Sunrise for .loans, .life, .guide and .church :: Now open through September 6, 2014
- TM Sunrise for .direct and .place :: Now open through September 13, 2014
- TM Sunrise for .deals :: Now open through September 20, 2014
- TM Sunrise for .city :: Now open through September 27, 2014
It’s important to note that only trademark holders who have received a valid signed mark data (SMD) file issued by the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH) may apply for an exact match domain name during the Sunrise period for any new gTLD(s). If you have any questions about the launch of these or any other new Donuts gTLDs, please contact your Safenames account manager. You may also contact us in the UK at +44 1908 200022 (email@example.com) or in the US at +1 703 574 5313 (firstname.lastname@example.org).