This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 21st, 2007 at 5:45 pm and is filed under CCTLD, Domain Names. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
On 22 October 2007, SGNIC announced the launch of pure numeric domain names. The launch will be in 2 phases: Soft Launch from 22 October 2007 to 26 March 2008 and the General Launch from 27 March 2008 onwards. Registrations can be made with any of SGNIC’s accredited registrars from 5 November onwards and are available in all the domain name categories, namely .sg, .com.sg, .org.sg, .net.sg, .edu.sg, .gov.sg, .per.sg. Registrations are also subject to the “Guidelines for Application of Numeric ‘.sg’ Domain Names during Soft Launch Period” which prescribes policies and procedures concerning applications during the sunrise period, priority claims, objections, biddings and other general implementation details. All applications during the Soft Launch will be processed as a batch while applications for the General Launch will be on a first-come-first-served basis. Please refer to the launch schedule below for more details.
Milestones Duration Activities
- Soft Launch Sunrise Registration 9:00am 05 Nov 07 (Mon) to 12:00pm 28 Dec 07 (Fri) Acceptance of ‘.sg’ numeric domain name applications. Registered number mark owners may claim priority over other qualifying applicants.
- Post Sunrise Consolidation and Sorting 9:00am 04 Jan 08 (Fri) to 6:00pm 17 Jan 08 (Thu) Confirmation of bidding cases and letters sent out to bidders.
- Bidding Period 9.00am 18 Jan 08 (Fri) to 6:00pm 22 Feb 08 (Fri) Bidders have 3 weeks of self-practice. Bidders have to go for a hands-on course. Actual online bidding day from 10:00am 20 Feb 08 to 5:00pm 20 Feb 08.
- Announcement of Results 12:00pm 25 Feb 08 (Mon) Bidding results to be announced on website.
- Review Period 9:00am 25 Feb 08 (Mon) to 5:00pm 10 Mar 08 (Mon) Acceptance of objections to bidding allocation results.
- Finalisation of Results and Processing Till 26 Mar 08 (Wed) Finalised domain names to be activated on 27 Mar 08.
- General Launch From 9:00am on 27 Mar 08 (Thu) Acceptance from public on first-come-first-served basis all non-“premium’ numeric domain name applications.